Thursday, September 07, 2006

To Be "Taken Back"

What does this mean...?

It is to be reclaimed. Rescued. Made whole again. To be called "Beloved" instead of "traitor".

The human words "You're mine"- so priceless, beyond imagination- in a moment when I never thought I'd hear such things again! Yet Human they remained, and thus fallible... retractable...

After all of the back-sliding, abandonment, grief, anxiety, anger, resentment- to hear the whispered words "You're Mine" is just more than I can comprehend.

"Comfort, Comfort! Speak softly and tenderly to her... Make it very clear that she has served her sentence, that her sin is taken care of—forgiven!She's been punished enough and more than enough, and now it's over and done with." -Isaiah 40:1-2 (The Message)

And just like that- it's gone! There is nothing more I could possibly do to earn forgiveness, or to somehow pay my debts. I can't take myself back. Nor can I look to another human to rescue me- make me whole. Only One can reclaim me. And it was done before the beginning of time. Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Beloved--I love that word. It DOES mean to be loved and restored. The silent, inside fear of not being wanted and alone is quieted with the words from God that you wrote of...."You're Mine"." This is the relationship we yearn for and have. He speaks this to all of humanity and personally to every human being. Yes, it truly is Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?