Sunday, March 22, 2009

"Po Po non-emergency, how can I help you?"

Did I ever tell you the story about the time my exboyfriend had to call the police to come over to my house because I was convinced people were breaking in? Well that's not tonight's story. But I did call the cops.

I had a roommate for January and 1/2 of February. She was the sister of a good friend, and I had a feeling it'd end similar to how it did, but I said she could stay with me anyway. Long story short, it became crystal clear one day that I couldn't allow her to live here anymore. I gave her a week's notice to get out, and thankfully, she was out in less than that. She left behind a few things and didn't pay rent, but didn't destroy anything either, so I was relieved. I felt so unsafe though- I actually had the locks changed.

So today, she started calling me, saying she was passing through town, and wanted to come over and get her suitcase. I wasn't home until later this evening, and told her that'd be the case. I figured she'd just move on. I was scared though, that she'd come over anyway with the guy she'd moved out with- or someone else for that matter. So I put the Po Po non-emergency number on speed dial, and went to bed.

Sure enough, she knocked on my door around 10:15 pm. The nice lady at the station sent over 2 nice officers, and though she left, they stayed. They told me to call her and tell her to come back for the stuff. I texted her, and she was back in a few minutes. She looked a little stunned, and she almost hit my car! But she got her stuff, and told the cops "no sir" when they asked if she thought she'd be back for anything. She said she was on her way to Pensacola to stay with her family. I am seriously glad that is the case. I hope everything works out well for her...

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo that girl musta been slangin' rock out your house or something!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?