Monday, December 18, 2006

Prayer Requests

Thank you for your prayers in advance!

I am only 20 days from departure, and I'm falling into this pattern that I seem to have when it's close to Exit time.

First, I tend to get really clingy- I miss my friends A LOT when I'm gone, and all I want to do is spend more time with them before I leave. But it's Holiday time, so that is sort of difficult...

I also tend towards worry- mainly about finances- for both support to come in, and for home finances while I'm gone.

I worry too about my family and friends while I'm gone- that something will happen, and I won't be here, or be able to come home. (it doesn't help that something DID happen last year while I was gone, and I about lost it when I found out!)

And now, since I don't have a roommate this year, I worry about my stupid material stuff, that's God's stuff anyway, like my house and my car.

Finally, there was this situation that played out right before I left last year, and a similar version of that is happening again right now. I recognize this as an idol, but it's a very tempting one... Aren't they all though, huh.

So basically, please pray that I wouldn't give into my fears! I know it's not from The Lord. "For God doesn't give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and a sound mind." (2 Tim. 1:7) Please do pray for trip logistics, and for my heart to belong to God ALONE. Anything is possible. But not everything is right. Pray that God would bless me with wisdom and discernment.

I love you all, and am so thankful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?