Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Contemplating Baptism, Part 1.

(When being baptized)

Runaway,
Breathe this in-
The water's wait.
Wide awake,
Breathe this in
The water's wait.
Asking if you are...

Erased

Everything within you will feel
Erased now

(Before baptism)

Everyday,
Houses full of no escape.
Runaway,
It starts to pull
He's in this place,
To question who you are.

Who am I?
Who am I?
I will fade


I've been thinking a lot recently about my own baptism. January 11, 2004, in freezing cold water, at Southwind, at the first Revolution retreat...

I remember a moment... And a feeling... Right before going under, time stopped, and it was a feeling of panic, and of letting go. Something within me registered that things would be different now.

That feeling was of being erased. Everything within me felt erased. I wasn't the same. I realized there were some things in life I could not return to.

"Who am I?" I'm not the same now as I was before... Life has changed. And I am forever grateful to God for that. I hate that I lived away from God for so long... "Who am I?" I'm His. This is neither easy nor completely pleasant on any given day. But oh- the rest and peace...

Christian Friends: LIVE YOUR LIVES AS THOUGH YOU'VE BEEN ERASED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?